Dusting and cleaning will keep your scooter looking good and running efficiently.
- Dust all exposed parts, using a soft, smooth, dry cloth.
- Clean with a cloth dampened with liquid detergent or glass cleaner.
- Wipe down the scooter seat with soft disinfectant wipes.
- Avoid getting electrical components wet. Gently dust instead.
- Do not spray water or liquid cleaners directly onto the scooter.
- Do not use wax, oil or harsh cleansers.
- When done, wipe the mobility scooter gently until it's dry.
- Drape a scooter cover over your vehicle to protect against dust build-up.
In between professional inspections, give your scooter regular check-ups.
- Check tire treads daily for wear. Replace thinning tires.
- Check the upholstery for areas that may irritate your skin.
- Check battery power. If the gauge is in RED, re-charge or replace batteries.
- Adjust moveable parts (steering tiller, wheels, swivel seat, levers, mirror, etc) to ensure consistent functioning.
For Hoveround motorized scooter assistance, contact a service technician at 800-96-HOVER. With genuine Hoveround mobility products, you can be sure you're getting the best equipment for your mobility needs, backed by a team of professionals who are dedicated to your comfort, safety and freedom.
Before performing any maintenance work on your best mobility scooter, be sure to turn the power off and make certain you have disconnected the charger's power cord.
While these maintenance and power scooter cleaning tips may apply to various models, the features on your particular mobility product may vary. It is always advised to follow the manufacturer's product manual instructions.